Forever Family Fund
Financial Assistance To Qualified Families
Adoption can be expensive and this stops many couples in their tracks. LHC wants to lower the financial hurdle by providing adoption grants to qualifying families who can provide a loving home consistent with the founding principles of Love Has Come. Due to limited funding, we can’t guarantee all applicants will receive a grant, but we can guarantee that funding priority will be given to those families with the greatest financial need.
“In loving memory of Aunt Lea”
Forever Family Fund Grant
We’re pumped that you’d allow us to join in your financial journey as you pursue that forever child! Take your time and carefully read everything below. When you’re ready, use the buttons at the bottom of this page to apply for a Forever Family Fund Grant!
LHC makes available to qualified applicants the possibility of an adoption grant. Our goal is to help remove the barriers to adoption; one preventative barrier is sometimes the cost of adoption, which can range between $10,000 and $45,000 (but hey – it’s an incredible “investment”, right?!). Though you must carry the majority of the financial responsibility and we are not able to fulfill all requests, we do hope to encourage some families through financial support.
Since our funding is limited, we’re focusing our efforts on Montana families with the greatest financial need who complete the process with integrity and demonstrate their ability to provide a loving home consistent with the founding principles and values of LHC. Basically, we want to see God’s Big Sky people go get some kids! Grants are for residents of Montana who reside in Montana. In the case of limited resources priority will be given to people residing in Missoula or Ravalli county.
Read everything below for grant details but be sure not to miss this biggie: To help us streamline our process and qualify applicants, you must have a referral before you apply for a grant. Don’t miss that part. In fact, here it is again….be sure you have a referral before you take on the significant undertaking of applying for a grant.What’s that you say? You have a referral? Good! Keep on flipping through the tabs below!
Submit your application anytime you want but we evaluate on a quarterly basis. The quarter your application comes to us in its entirety will be the quarter it is considered for funding. So the day we receive the last piece of your application packet will be the “record date.” Your application will be processed the quarter in which your record date falls. Make sense?
- First quarter deadline: March 31
- First quarter application reviews: April 1 – April 15
- First quarter approval/declination notifications to applicants via mail: Last week of April
- Second quarter deadline: June 30
- Second quarter application reviews: July 1 – July 15
- Second quarter approval/declination notifications to applicants via mail: Last week of July
- Third quarter deadline: September 30
- Third quarter application review: October 1 – October 15
- Third quarter approval/declination notifications to applicants via mail: Last week of October
- Fourth quarter deadline: December 31
- Fourth quarter application review: January 1 – January 15
- Fourth quarter approval/declinations to applicants via mail: Last week of January
Complete both the online form and the Supplemental Documents PDF. It’s an extensive process that may require some fortitude and a few espressos to get through so prep yourself.
We consider your application and weigh your eligibility and need against our ability to give. Our maximum grant will not exceed $5000 and grants of less are common. We continue to pray for funding that will allow LHC to actively and significantly participate in the financial piece of the adoption journey.
Your application will be complete once we receive both the online portion and the Supplemental Documents. Your log date is the date we receive both. The online form goes right to us when you submit it. As for the PDF – complete it, print it, and send it along with the other required documents to our LHC address.
- Processing your app takes a minimum of 90 days (but you’ll
hear from us nearly right away)
- Before you apply a satisfactory home-study must be completed
- You must be adopting by using a licensed 501c(3) agency
- Applications cannot be submitted for independent adoptions
(through lawyers, facilitators, etc not licensed to
- Apps cannot be submitted post-placement
- You cannot re-apply for an adoption for which an app has
already been submitted
- Any funds distributed are paid to a qualified 501c(3) agency
and not directly to the applicant
- You’ll need these things, at minimum, to complete the
– Church address and contact info
– IRS documents from the last two years
– Net worth info
– Annual budget info
– Your home study
Begin to prepare your supporting documents including requesting a letter of recommendation from your pastor in a sealed envelope and requesting a letter from your adoption agency (not your home study agency) verifying the date your home study was completed and that they are working with you on the adoption.
Danelle is our stellar team lead on this initiative. Regardless of the role we play, we hope your process is blessed as your child finds their forever family. Contact Danelle. Elements of the process and the language used above have been copied with the permission of Show Hope. Check them out!
Complete online form
Complete and mail PDF
Don’t see the answer to your question?